Why work for us?
Thank you for your interest in joining Notre Dame Catholic Girls’ School where we ignite brilliant minds, learn without limits and champion brighter futures.
We have an unwavering focus on the individual where unique talents and potential are nurtured – not just for our students but our staff too.
Whether you’re a trainee teacher, experienced educator, administrative professional or support staff member, we provide opportunities for personal and professional growth, the chance to make a positive impact in the community, and the potential for a fulfilling career.
As well as joining a team of highly skilled, enthusiastic and passionate individuals at Notre Dame, you will be joining a family of schools in the South East London Catholic Academy Trust (SELCAT), benefiting from the opportunities that are possible because of the networking and collaboration that takes place across schools that work together with a single purpose: to provide the highest quality of Catholic education for every young person we collectively serve.
What can we offer you?
Whatever stage our staff are at in their career, we provide induction, training, mentoring, leadership and progression opportunities through a strong professional development programme to ensure they feel supported, empowered and motivated to not only grow their career but the careers of our students:
- A thorough induction and support programme
- Opportunities to be a mentor or mentee
- Regular 1-2-1 progress meetings
- Well-planned and regular inset days
- Half termly CPD Twilights
- SENCO qualification support
- Part funded courses including a Masters degree
- Opportunities to undertake specific leadership programmes, e.g. NPQH, NPQSL and NPQML.
As a proud member of SELCAT, the school and our staff benefit from a number of Trust-wide incentives, including:
- Increased training and development opportunities for all staff, including leadership development at all levels
- Collaborative projects and cross phase co-operation with primary and secondary schools across the Trust, offering the chance to share knowledge, skills and expertise
- Shared staffing and resources
- Trust conferences and inset days
- Sharing of partnerships to provide positive experiences for pupils and staff
- Access to theHUB, a one-stop shop of resources including employee toolkits, policyHUB (a policy writing service for schools), risk management system, and data dashboards.
To find out more about the benefits of belonging to SELCAT, please visit the Trust website: www.selcat.org.uk/165/why-join-selcat
Incentives and benefits
Creating a positive work environment is important to us as it leads to increased motivation and engagement amongst staff, higher job satisfaction and retention, and a healthy work life balance. The range of incentives and benefits on offer include:
- Interest free loans for travel season tickets
- Flu vaccinations
- Free Theatre tickets to shows held at The Young Vic and Mountview
- Shopping discounts
- Discounted cinema tickets
- 30% off Nuffield Health Gym Membership
- Generous special leave allowances, including dependency leave, carer leave and compassionate leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free lunch for those on lunch duty
- Safe lockers for bikes
- Access to laptops, devices and computers onsite
- Access to onsite gym facilities
- Dedicated workspace/classroom including a dedicated office for every department
- Regular staff socials and events e.g. Feel Good Friday, Christmas Party
- Staff Association to fund gifts
- An open door policy especially with SLT
- Trained Mental Health Ambassadors for our staff
- Free, confidential staff advice and counselling service.
A desirable location
Notre Dame is situated in the highly diverse London Borough of Southwark that is popular to both live and work in thanks to a huge regeneration programme:
- Transport links: Southwark is dominated by National Rail, London Underground and London Overground links to all of London, Kent, Sussex, coastal areas and other nearby locations. There are also many bus routes in Southwark that go towards central, southern and eastern London, making it easy to commute and travel around the capital. Or if you fancy travelling by boat, the Thames Clipper operates services from London Bridge City Pier and Bankside Pier to all of the key London stations including Westminster and Waterloo to the west and Canary Wharf, Greenwich and the O2 to the east. It is also easy to travel by bike using the Santander Cycle renting scheme and the dedicated cycle pathways.
- Excellent entertainment: Southwark is home to some of London’s most prized attractions, including the famous Borough Market, Tate Modern, HMS Belfast, Shakespeare’s Globe, Imperial War Museum, Southwark Cathedral and The Shard. There is a vast array of shops, restaurants, cafés, pubs and bars to suit all tastes within Southwark or you can simply hop across the river into central London for even more choice. The area also boasts a thriving arts and entertainment scene, with numerous theatres, galleries and music venues. For those wanting a break from city life, there are several garden squares and parks as well as gyms and leisure centres.
- Properties: Southwark’s diverse property portfolio has everything from period houses to skyline apartments and warehouse conversions to a number of new developments, suiting a wide range of lifestyles and budgets.