Our inaugural Career Showcase took place on Friday 10th November 2023, providing select Year 7 and 8 students, as well as primary pupils, with the opportunity to meet a wide range of career professionals including Law, Medicine, Arts and Media, Fashion and Charity.
The experience was enlightening, and it was fun to look at the different career paths.
Gabriella, Year 8
These professionals shared details about their career journeys and provided an insight into their industry through fun and engaging activities.
- Law firm Norton Rose Fulbright led by Camilla had students participate in mock legal scenarios to teach them all about the operation of law and justice.
- Consultant neurologist Norma Gibbons captured students’ attention with various pieces of equipment, from bones to stethoscopes, all linked to medicine and surgery.
- Fatima wowed your young people attention with her fascinating career at Vogue, showcasing magazines she has worked on, shoots and events she’s been to, and some of the products and samples she often receives to review.
- Peter Wells-Thorpe from 3003 Group got students’ creative flair going, designing combined pictures, where one pupil starts and then passes on to the next.
- Maame, ex-Deputy Head Girl (2018), who helped set up the charity ‘She’s Gold’ challenged our young people with a ‘Design your own Superhero’ task to get them thinking about the skills and qualities they would need for successful futures.
I had so much fun! It was great to speak to different professionals. My favourite was Medicine where I got to touch different equipment and even bones!
Nevaeh, Year 7
In light of Remembrance Day, we also had our fantastic students adorned in their cadets uniform sharing their mesmerising experiences in the Combined Cadet Force.
At Notre Dame RC Girls’ School, we want to encourage young people to dream big and connect them with the world of work so that they can understand the importance of working hard at school and developing key life and employability skills. By investing in them today we are helping them to secure the future they deserve.
Thank you again to our professionals for giving up their time to make this event happen. We truly appreciate your support and expertise. And thank you to our Year 10 prefects for supporting our professionals and younger students.
I really enjoyed listening about different experiences from different career paths.
Titilayo, Year 10
Careers Showcase November 2023