Bright futures ahead for students at Notre Dame RC Girl’s Secondary School
Students and staff are bursting with pride as they celebrate remarkable success in this year’s GCSE results, including an array of outstanding individual performances that demonstrate our school’s ethos of nurturing each student’s unique talents and potential.
- High achiever Marie secured a phenomenal 9999999887 in her GCSEs and is looking forward to studying Physics, Maths and Economics at A Level. She praises her teachers for helping her realise her full potential and strives to obtain a place at Oxbridge in the future.
- Philipa discovered her hard work and resilience paid off when she opened her results to reveal an impressive 9999998776. She is off to study A Level Maths, Sociology and Economics at sixth form, and is grateful to her teachers for going above and beyond to help her achieve her goals.
- Kieana aspires to read Law at either Harvard or Yale University. Having attained an exceptional 9999888776 in her GCSEs, she is off to Newham College to study Psychology, Philosophy, English Literature and History at A Level. Her advice to younger students is “to believe in yourselves as you can achieve anything you put your mind to.”
- Head Girl Paula is overjoyed to have achieved 9988876665 in her GCSEs including an 8 in RE that she took a year early. She is looking forward to studying English, History and Psychology at A Level, and has her sights set on attending a Russell Group university before pursuing a career in Journalism.
Through our broad and dynamic curriculum and limitless learning opportunities, we aim to ignite brilliant minds and champion brighter futures. Of these subjects, notable highlights (achieving 9-4 grades) include:
- Physics: 96%
- Spanish: 95% (and 92% 9-5)
- Chemistry: 92%
- Biology: 92%
- Art and Design: 85%
- English Literature: 78%
This year’s cohort have secured places at notable sixth forms or colleges to continue their studies. With ambitions ranging from doctors, lawyers and engineers to journalists, teachers and architects, students are looking forward to their next steps.
Head of School, Ms Byrne commented:
Today we celebrate each individual path to success – whether that be 9s or a personal best of any grade. We pride ourselves on getting to know every one of our students personally, cultivating their interests, passions and talents to ensure that their time at Notre Dame is a successful one. It has been a pleasure watching them grow into resilient, competent and confident young women, prepared for their next adventure. We wish them the very best of luck.
Mr Garrido, CEO of SECLAT commented:
Congratulations to all students for their achievements and thank you to our staff and families who have supported them - we hope you are as proud as we are! Students at Notre Dame are clearly benefitting from the school’s ongoing efforts to provide exceptional opportunities and experiences both within and outside the classroom. We are excited for the new academic year and to watch the school continue to go from strength to strength.
Given the uneven impact of the pandemic on school and college performance data, the government has said you should not make direct comparisons between the performance data for one school or college and another, or to data from previous years.
|Progress 8 Score
|Attainment 8 Score
% of pupils achieving a grade 5 or above in GCSE English and Maths
English Baccalaureate (EBacc) average point score (APS)
|% of pupils that enter the EBacc
|% of pupils staying in education or going into employment after KS4
Find out more
A full outline of our school's examination performance including Progress 8 and Attainment can be accessed via the Department for Education website.